University of Oxford, temporary contract
Salary: Uniform Public Sector Payroll level 9
Closing date: June 9, 2017
Interview date: Provisional mid-June, 2017
Type of position: Full time (38hrs/week).
Length of contract: Temporary assignment. One month fixed term, beginning June 14 (provisional), 2017, or as otherwise negotiated.
The Epidemic Diseases Research Group, based at the University of Oxford, is seeking nurses to work as consultants for an evaluation project that is a collaboration between the National School of Public Health, KEELPNO, Médecins Sans Frontières, The University of Oxford, UK, and the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, UK.
In this role, you will observe medical consultations that are conducted in refugee camps. During the consultation you will collect written data assessing how we can improve detection and characterisation of infectious diseases that can cause outbreaks. The purpose of overall project is to improve surveillance for these diseases in refugee populations in Greece, and around the world. We will not be assessing the performance or conduct of any clinicians that you observe.
We are seeking nurses who are based in Athens, and other regions of Greece. Please note, this is not a UK based position, and we will not be recruiting from Oxford.
- Licence to practice the nursing profession from the Hellenic Regulatory Body of Nurses, or international equivalent.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Greek language.
- Basic computer and internet literacy.
- Previous clinical research experience.
- Previous employment in the humanitarian sector.
- Attend a one-day training session in Athens or Thessaloniki (paid).
- Observe clinical consultations of patients, and fill in an electronic case reporting form for each consultation.
- Refrain from providing general medical advice or opinion to treating clinicians, unless at their request or in the event of a medical emergency.
- Maintain conduct (including confidentiality) that is in keeping with registration as a health professional at all times.
- Report progress weekly to the trial lead.
Please send a 1-2 page CV and cover letter stating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in the position, but have difficulty submitting yoru application by the closing date, please contact us to discuss.